Wednesday 5 November 2008

Guy Fawkes Night

Tonight is Guy Fawkes Night, and to mark the occasion I'm off to a public bonfire and fireworks display with a few friends. Of course, we're maintaining the pretense that we're doing it for the kids.

On my way to work this morning I passed several groups of kids with effigies of the man himself, asking, "Penny for the Guy." The last group I passed had no effigy at all, rather it was a young boy sat in a shopping trolley, dressed in a tracksuit. Even after 5 years, I'm still amazed by this city, and it's people.

I'm wrestling with my conscience at this point. A friend of mine who made a move on me at Halloween will be there, with his wife. What's a boy to do!?

To all of you who'll be celebrating tonight, have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Shag him!

Anonymous said...

What happened with this guy? Tell us!